Toddler versus Puppy
Lately, I have been noticing some similarities between Baby D and a puppy. Hear me out…
1. I will be sitting on the couch, and Baby D will come up to me and give me a shoe. Random…and somewhat puppy-ish.
2. This past week, Baby D has started trying to lap up the rain water from puddles that accumulate on our deck. When offered a sippy cup, he refuses and returns to the puddle.
3. He will creep up right behind you when you are doing something (like rinsing dishes in the sink) and when you go to step back, you trip over him and do a high-stepping, skipping move to avoid trampling him. He laughs while you mop up soapy water.
4. When he is done with a meal, he will now say “Dah!” (meaning “Done”, of course). But, when removed from his chair, he proceeds to finish up the pieces of food that made it onto the floor. And, he will get fairly irritated if you don’t let him eat those pieces. Works for me, less clean up.
5. And, finally, a picture is worth a thousand words…
Yes, that is his rubber ducky…with his face eaten off! And no, we do not have a dog. This was all Baby D. Luckily, he did not eat the duck, there was a pile of yellow fluff sitting right next to the faceless duck, although I would not be shocked to see some yellow flecks in his diaper in the next few days.